While undoubtedly missing from this spot is a recap of the first round of the Kelly Cup Playoffs (suck on that, SC), I’m taking a quick time-out from the playoff season to bring you an update about some alumni making splashes elsewhere.
If you’ll scoot on over to EP’s wonderful rundown of this year’s Hamilton Bulldogs broken/tied records, you’ll notice a few familiar names to have broken franchise records for Guy Boucher’s resilient crew, including:
- David Desharnais, single-season points: 78 (prior – J. Chimera, 77)
- Ryan Russell, all-time shorthanded goals: 7 (prior – several, 6)
- Cedrick Desjardins, most wins in a season: 29 (prior – Danis, 28)
- Cedrick Desjardins, shutout streak: 212:37 (prior – Michaud, 158:09
- Cedrick Desjardins, single season shutouts: 6 (tied)
Not to be forgotten: Cedrick Desjardins & Curtis Sanford will share the Harry “Hap” Holmes award for the lowest GAA.
All 3 were major players in the 2008 Kelly Cup Run. Undoubtedly Boucher is counting on all 3, as well as a whole host of other talent (and former ‘Clones Frederic St. Denis and JT Wyman) to step up and lead his regular-season Western Conference champs onward into their hunt for the Calder Cup.